The United Nations Education, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) has been in existence since 1945. When the funding of this organization was established, the United States was made responsible for a larger portion of the dues than any other member state.From the beginning, UNESCO has been dominated by anti-American, pro-Communist members who vote against the interests of the United States and our ally Israel. From 2009 to 2014, UNESCO passed 47 resolutions condemning member nations, of which 46 were against Israel, while only one was against Syria. [For more information on UNESCO’s record, see the Human Rights Voices article, “UNESCO in Ruins: Anti-Semitism and the Perversion of Cultural Heritage Preservation.”] In 1984, the Reagan administration suspended membership in UNESCO and refused to fund the organization. Unfortunately, although there was no change in its blatant bias against the United States and Western values, our government rejoined UNESCO during the Bush administration and re-established U.S. funding. There has been no change in UNESCO’s blatant bias in the interim. In fact, during 2016, the organization denied Jewish and Christian claims to holy sites in Jerusalem, going so far as to declare the Temple Mount— the holiest site in Judaism — to be Muslim land.We taxpayers should let our senators and representatives know of our displeasure in having our tax dollars wasted by underwriting anti-American actions that undermine our security as a sovereign nation.Please contact our congressional representative and voice your concern over this issue.George S. Van SchaickRotterdamMore from The Daily Gazette:EDITORIAL: Find a way to get family members into nursing homesEDITORIAL: Thruway tax unfair to working motoristsEDITORIAL: Urgent: Today is the last day to complete the censusCar hits garage in Rotterdam Sunday morning; Garage, car burnEDITORIAL: Beware of voter intimidation Categories: Letters to the Editor, Opinion
Topics : “During the epidemic, the kids were at home for more than half a year and in all aspects couldn’t study as well as they could at school,” said Wei Fanling, who was eating breakfast with her 12-year old son.She said she was relieved her son could now return to class, likening it to “a monster let out of its cage”, but they would remain vigilant.”Though this epidemic is over, we still cannot take it easy,” she said.Nearby residential compounds had around 40 confirmed coronavirus cases, parents said. Wuhan’s death toll of 3,869 accounts for more than 80% of China’s total, but it hasn’t seen a single local transmission since the middle of May. Tears and excitement from students greeted teachers on the first day of school after seven months in the Chinese city of Wuhan, but parents and teachers warned that while the coronavirus has retreated, no one could afford to let down their guard.The central Chinese city – where the global coronavirus pandemic began – allowed more than 2,800 educational institutions to start their new term on Tuesday, opening their doors to nearly 1.4 million students for the first time since January.Outside the Wuluo Road elementary school, life has returned to a semblance of normality, with one reluctant new pupil screaming at her father to take her home. People carriers clogged the roads, and the school macroeconomy of breakfast stalls and convenience stores was thriving again. While Wuhan’s educational institutions are trying to put a tumultuous year behind them, they are still taking special precautions, with children subject to regular temperature tests.The government has advised parents to avoid public transport as much as possible. Buses were half-empty, with students being driven to class by private car or on electric scooters.Wuhan University, though up and running for more than a week and preparing to accept a new cohort of students, has sealed off its campus to prevent unauthorized outsiders from entering.All university students will be tested before they are allowed back, and those returning from overseas will be quarantined in campus guesthouses for 14 days.Qiao Qiong, a 40-year old university teacher whose son studies at the Wuluo Road school, said she was pleased that months of home schooling were now over, but normality was still some distance away.”The virus is not a tiny thing, so I believe we still need some time,” she said.”Probably there will be some emergency situations but we are well-prepared for them.”
A “Ferrari red” wine tasting room and cellar is a highlight. The cinema can seat up to 16 people.“The whole house is controlled on an iPad and they have keyless entry too. It’s done by fingerprint.”Among other features are an infinity-edge pool, a steam room, gym, an electronically retractable ceiling in the main bedroom and seven bathrooms, each with different coloured mosaic tiles.Mr Pierre said the property also had a “wow button” to turn on the coloured lights surrounding the residences. Video Player is loading.Play VideoPlayNext playlist itemMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:51Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:51 Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedCaptionscaptions settings, opens captions settings dialogcaptions off, selectedQuality Levels720p720pHD576p576p432p432p270p270pAutoA, selectedAudio Tracken (Main), selectedFullscreenThis is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window.This is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.Close Modal DialogThis is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.PlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:00Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:00 Playback Rate1xFullscreenStarting your hunt for a dream home00:51 The Tallai house at 156 Tallai Rd is one of a kind.IT is home to some unique features and has formed the backdrop of television shows and movies, so it is safe to say this Tallai house is one of a kind.A “Ferrari red’’ wine tasting room with 1500-bottle cellar, 16-seat cinema, Greek Roman-inspired murals and a bar with a dance floor and karaoke stage are among the sprawling residence’s highlights.The 8888sq m property at 156 Tallai Rd is due is on the market under an expressions of interest campaign.Selling agent Pascal Pierre, who owns three LJ Hooker offices in the city’s north, said it had become so popular the homeowner hosted weddings and film crews over the years.“Chris Lilley, he filmed there at the house and there have been various other movies and TV shows (filmed) there,” he said. MORE NEWS: Where it will cost you $6000 a week in rent Its main bedroom has an electronically retractable ceiling. There are murals throughout the house. All the bathrooms have different coloured tiles.“I think the best part of this house is that it’s totally unique and you’re on private acreage.”Property records show the owner bought the six-bedroom house in 2011 for $5.8 million.Mr Pierre said the owner had updated the property since then, including the technology inside and had built a second residence that was ideal for guests.“It consists of three bedrooms, it’s own deck and arguably better views than the main house because it’s higher,” he said.Entertaining would be a breeze for the new owners, with plenty of features to impress guests.“It’s got a 1500-bottle cellar and tasting room and it’s Ferrari red,” Mr Pierre said.“You’ve got the entertainment wing, which has the full 16-seat cinema with state-of-the-art equipment.More from news02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa8 hours ago02:37Gold Coast property: Sovereign Islands mega mansion hits market with $16m price tag1 day ago“It also has a fully soundproofed room for music so you can go and play drums from all hours of the morning if you like and no one else will hear. MORE NEWS: Why there are fewer properties on the market
Norwegian oil company Aker BP has completed the drilling of two appraisal well and delineated the Gekko gas and oil discovery in the North Sea offshore Norway. The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) said on Friday that the wells 25/4-13 S and 25/4-13 A were drilled about five kilometers east of the Volund field and 200 kilometers northwest of Stavanger.The discovery was proven in Paleocene reservoir rocks in the Heimdal formation in 1974. Prior to the drilling of wells 25/4-13 S and 25/4-13 A, the operator’s resource estimate for the discovery was 4.9 million standard cubic meters (Sm3) of recoverable oil equivalents.The NPD added that the objective of the wells was to prove a possible thicker oil column in the Heimdal formation than previously proven in wells 25/4-3 (Gekko) and 25/4-8, as well as to acquire more information about the complexity of the reservoir.Well 25/4-13 S south on the structure encountered a 43-meter oil and gas column in the Heimdal formation, of which 6.5 meters was oil column.Nearly the entire interval consists of reservoir sandstones with very good to excellent reservoir quality. The gas/oil contact and the oil/water contact were encountered at 2,100 meters and 2,106.5 meters total respective vertical depths below sea level.Well 25/4-13 A north on the structure encountered an approximate 30-meter oil and gas column in the Heimdal formation, of which six meters was oil column. About 15 meters is net reservoir sandstone with very good to excellent reservoir quality. The thickness of the oil zone is somewhat uncertain due to reservoir quality variations.The NPD said that the size of the discovery was between 0.9 and 2.3 million standard cubic meters (Sm3) of recoverable oil and 3.8-6.3 billion Sm3 of recoverable gas. The licensees are considering tie-back of the discovery to the Alvheim FPSO.The wells, 14th and 15th exploration wells in production license 203, were not formation-tested, but extensive data acquisition and sampling have been carried out.The appraisal wells were drilled to respective measured depths of 2,653 and 2,641 meters below the sea surface in water depth at the site is 120 meters. The wells have been permanently plugged and abandoned.The wells were drilled by the Deepsea Stavanger drilling rig, which will now leave the Norwegian shelf, on assignment for Total.
Share Japan annually hunts whales in the Antarctic, despite a worldwide moratorium on whaling, under the loophole that a country may legally do so if its purpose is scientific research. Sharing is caring! Tweet News Japan suspends annual whale hunt by: – February 17, 2011 Share Share CNN NewsA file image from the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society shows activists tailing a Japanese whaling vessel on Jan. 1, 2011.(CNN) — Japan has suspended its annual Antarctic whale hunt because an anti-whaling group is tailing its ship, a government official said Wednesday.Hirosh Kawamura, an official at the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, said the hunt has been “temporarily suspended” since February 10 due to the actions of the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society.“We have experienced the dangerous attacks from them, it might take the life of crews,” he said. “Considering the safety as the first priority, we decided to halt the whaling temporarily.”Sea Shepherd regularly dogs Japanese whaling vessels during their hunts to make their task more difficult and to lower the number of whales harvested. Sea Shepherd has said the science argument is a sham, noting that the whale meat is sold in Japan and served in restaurants. 24 Views no discussions
Cletus J. Tekulve, age 85 of Morris, died Sunday, May 15, 2016 at his home. Born December 14, 1930 in Batesville, he is the son of Anna (Nee: Schott) and Frank “Shorty” Tekulve. He married Doris Hilty May 30, 1954 at St. Jerome’s Church in El Cerrito, California. Clete served in the Air Force during the Korean War. After the service, he purchased and ran Tekulve Florist for 20 years. He was a member of the Prell-Bland American Legion Post #271, a lifetime member of the Batesville V.F.W. Post #3183 as well as serving as Batesville Fire Department’s Assistant Fire Chief for 15 years. He was also one of the original members of the Life Squad.Clete was a colorful individual. He had a lifelong passion for fishing. He also liked to garden, which apparently limited to raising onions and according to the family he enjoyed cooking………..whether it was edible was a different story. Clete also had a nickname for each of the grandkids, loved potato pancakes, limburger cheese, collected coins and was happy to discuss politics and didn’t mind trying to correct your way of thinking if he disagreed.He is survived by his wife Doris; daughters and son-in-laws Margie and Don Maple, Mary and Jay Pfeiffer, Diane Tekulve, all of Batesville; son and daughter-in-law James A. and Jane Tekulve of Morris; sisters Joan Navarra of Greensburg, Pat Schutte of Harrison, Ohio, Sheila Doerflinger of Greensburg; brother James L. Tekulve of Phoenix, Arizona; 10 grandchildren and 19 great grandchildren. In addition to his parents, he is also preceded in death by his son-in-law Dale Hirt.Visitation is Wednesday, May 18th, from 9 – 11 a.m. at Holy Family Church in Oldenburg. Funeral services follow at 11 a.m. with Rev. David Kobak O.F.M. officiating. Burial will follow in the church cemetery with military rites conducted by the Batesville V.F.W. and the Prell-Bland American Legion. The family requests memorials to Phi Beta Psi Sorority Cancer Research or the Holy Family Capital Improvement Fund. Weigel Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
IMCA Speedway Motors Weekly Racing National, Dirt Works Eastern Region and KMJ Performance State points will be awarded at the Sept. 5 draw/redraw show. Title sponsor of the division at Thunderbird is Allstar Performance. Pit gates at Muskegon open at 3 p.m. and the grandstand opens at 4:30 p.m. Hot laps are at 5 p.m. and racing starts at 6 p.m. MUSKEGON, Mich. – One thousand dollars and a 2021 Fast Shafts All-Star Invitational ballot berth are on the line in Saturday’s feature for IMCA Modifieds at Thunderbird Raceway. Pit passes are $30. Grandstand admission is $12 for adults, $10 for seniors 60 years and over and $5 for kids ages 6-11. Kids ages five and under are free. Small coolers but no glass bottles are allowed.
LaCROSSE, Kan. (Aug. 4) – A cloud of dust is how Adam Gullion ended his night.But it came in celebration, not disappointment.Gullion did multiple donuts in celebration Friday night after winning the United Rebel Sprint Series Bullring Nationals at Rush County Speedway, in his first trip to the quarter-mile track.“It’s been a really good trip,” said Gullion. “There’s nothing better than winning. It definitely makes the ride home a lot more enjoyable.”If it hadn’t been for an earlier phone call from Zach Blurton, Gullion might have been racing elsewhere Friday night – or not at all. Instead, he made the long trek to LaCrosse on the urging of Blurton, a fellow competitor who races with Gullion when he travels to Nebraska.“It’s good having him down here,” Blurton said. “I enjoy having his company. They’re like family to us. They’re our home when we go to Nebraska, so we’re more than glad to have them. And it’s good to see them have success when they came down here.”The success might have belonged to Blurton, if not for the phone call. He finished second after making a late charge.But by that time, Gullion had distanced himself from the field en route to the win.He’d passed Koby Walters for the lead on lap 19. He started didn’t miss a beat on any of the three restarts that followed and powered his way to the win.Blurton got by Tyler Knight for second with three laps remaining in the 25-lap feature but never could get a good chance to reel in the leader.Feature results – 1. Adam Gullion; 2. Zach Blurton; 3. Tyler Knight ; 4. Tracey Hill ; 5. Darren Berry; 6. Steven Richardson; 7 Brian Herbert; 8. Austin McLean; 9. Jordan Knight; 10. Kaden Taylor; 11. Brandy Jones ; 12. Aaron Ploussard; 13. Koby Walters; 14. Craig Jecha; 15. J.D. Johnson; 16. Howard Van Dyke; 17. Reed Bernbeck; 18. Jed Werner; 19 Luke Cranston; 20 Keefe Hemel.
Pelosi did not comment on whether Democrats are proceeding with impeachment hearings nor did she explain what President Trump is allegedly covering up.The House Speaker has been cool on impeachment, preferring aggressive investigations and oversight of Trump and his administration. House speaker Nancy Pelosi announced after heading out of a meeting with other Congressional Democrats about a possible impeachment investigation that…“We do believe that it’s important to follow the facts. We believe that no one is above the law, including the President of the united states, and we believe the President of the united states is engaged in a cover-up.”JUST IN: Speaker Pelosi: “We believe the president of the United States is engaged in a cover up” https://t.co/zj7GEXb6zI pic.twitter.com/IDajhMc9An— The Hill (@thehill) May 22, 2019
highlights Saurabh Chaudhary and Manu Bhaker claimed the gold medal in the 10m air pistol mixed team event of the ISSF World Cup.Ranxin Jiang and Bowen Zhang won silver.Bronze went to the Korean pair of Minjung Kim and Daehun Park. Having entered the final after equalling the qualification world record, Saurabh and Manu continued in the same vein and once they moved to the top spot, there was no looking back as they consistently shot high and mid 10. The other Indian team in the fray, Heena Sidhu and Abhishek Verma, could not clear the qualification hurdle.The Indian shooters in 10m air rifle mixed team event? Ravi Kumar and Anjum Moudgil and Apurvi Chandela and Deepak Kumar finished seventh and 25th respectively. India jointly topped the standings with Hungary with three gold medals but managed to secure only one Olympic quota. The tournament offered 14 quota places for the 2020 Tokyo Games. For all the Latest Sports News News, Other Sports News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. New Delhi: The trailblazing teenaged duo of Saurabh Chaudhary and Manu Bhaker comfortably claimed the gold medal in the 10m air pistol mixed team event of the ISSF World Cup here Wednesday. The Indian pair shot a total of 483.5 to finish on top of the podium to finish the tournament with a flourish after a few results that did not go their way over the last three days.The Chinese duo of Ranxin Jiang and Bowen Zhang won silver with 477.7, while the bronze went to the Korean pair of Minjung Kim and Daehun Park (418.8) at the Dr. Karni Singh Shooting Range. Such was the Indian duo’s dominance through the final that the difference between gold and silver medallist at the end was hopping at the end was 5.8.