Upon leaving the vessel, passengers received traditional checkered Cambodian scarves as souvenirs.The passengers will spend a night in capital Phnom Penh and then fly home, said Sun Chan Thol, Cambodia’s minister of public transport.”Tomorrow, they will leave for their home countries,” said Sun Chan Thol.Holland America said the ship would remain at dock in Sihanoukville while hundreds of crew members were being tested.The vessel spent two weeks at sea after being turned away by Japan, Taiwan, Guam, the Philippines and Thailand even though the cruise operator insisted there were no coronavirus cases aboard.Some 1,455 passengers and 802 crew boarded the cruise ship when it set sail on Feb. 1 from Hong Kong. On Wednesday, a series of cheers went up from people lining the lower deck of the cruise ship and there were several loud blasts of the ship’s horn as passengers began disembarking, 18 days after the ship first left Hong Kong.”The last 233 passengers on MS Westerdam are disembarked and will continue to Phnom Penh by buses,” said Kheang Phearum, spokesman for Preah Sihanouk province, where Sihanoukville is located.Holland America Line confirmed in a statement the last passengers had been given health clearances to leave the ship and make their way home.”The company is working to finalize arrangements for everyone,” the statement said, adding that those who travelled home previously will be contacted by their local health department. Remaining passengers who were stuck onboard a cruise ship docked in Cambodia for almost a week left the vessel on Wednesday after they tested negative for the coronavirus, a government official said.MS Westerdam, operated by Carnival Corp’s Holland America Line, arrived in the port of Sihanoukville on Feb. 13 having been turned away at five other ports after leaving Hong Kong, which has reported more than 60 cases of the virus and two deaths.The ship came under renewed scrutiny amid Cambodia’s quick clearance for passengers to fly home, which was criticized after one American woman who had been on the cruise ship tested positive for the virus over the weekend after a special flight chartered by the cruise reached Malaysia. Topics :
Advertisement Granit Xhaka looks set for an Arsenal exit (Picture: Getty Images)Granit Xhaka has reportedly told his Arsenal team-mates that he will be leaving the club and a return to the Bundesliga in January is increasingly likely.The Swiss midfielder has been cut adrift at Arsenal since his clash with fans when he was substituted against Crystal Palace in October.Xhaka was stripped of the captaincy at the club and has made just three Premier League appearances since.An exit has looked likely and German publication Bild reports that he has already informed his team-mates that he will be leaving as soon as possible.ADVERTISEMENTSky Germany report that Hertha Berlin have made Xhaka their number one priority in the January window and that general manager Michael Preetz has been in England to discuss the move.AdvertisementAdvertisementSwiss newspaper Blick report that Hertha have already made an offer for the 27-year-old, with manager Jurgen Klinsmann looking to recruit ‘Champions League level players.’A deal would likely be a loan for the rest of the season with an option to make the move permanent in the summer.More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man CityXhaka appeared to have been given another chance at Arsenal under interim manager Freddie Ljungberg who said he ‘absolutely’ had a clean slate at the club.‘I believe that everyone has a possibility,’ the Swede told Sky Sports after picking Xhaka for his first match in charge against Norwich. ‘I felt that this was the best balance of our team to play that way, and I take that decision.’Speaking of the fans jeering him against Palace which led to this rift at the club, Xhaka told Blick: ‘It was very painful and frustrating.‘For me, this reaction is still incomprehensible, especially in this vehemence and how extremely hostile I was here.’MORE: Ian Wright tells Mikel Arteta he has to keep Freddie Ljungberg as part of his Arsenal coaching staffMORE: Mikel Arteta joked about Arsenal defence while Manchester City coach and highlighted huge weakness Granit Xhaka has told Arsenal team-mates he is leaving with interested in the midfielder Comment Metro Sport ReporterFriday 20 Dec 2019 10:56 amShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link2.2kShares Advertisement
IHSAA Sectional Prelim results at Columbus North HS for Batesville.200 Medley relay qualified 11th (Choi, Rogers, Main, Johnson).200 Free relay qualified 8th (Main, Choi, Johnson, Rogers).400 Free relay qualified 10th (Main, Johnson, Rogers, Choi).Individual Results.Choi 100 breast-20th, Johnson 50 free 26th, E Main 100 free-17th, Rasnick 200 free, 29th; 100 free-36th, Rogers 500 free-23rd, Simpson 200 free –27th’ 100 back -23rd. Courtesy of Bulldogs Coach T. J. Greene.
Male Beagle/Walker mixed dog-Lost. Named Leo and has red shock collar.Call 212-9102 for details.
The Scot was spoken to by police after claims made by builder Josh Gillibrand, 23, that he had been attacked at a wine bar in Clitheroe, Lancs. Officers were called to the upmarket Emporium bar in the rural market town following a report of the altercation on the evening of May 21. It is understood Moyes, 51, had been socialising with his friend, Blackburn Rovers managing director Derek Shaw, a local businessman in the Ribble Valley. Witnesses reported Moyes, who had been sacked by Manchester United the previous month, was abused by a group of drunken young men shortly before he entered the bar. Gillibrand, from nearby Dutton, denied that he or his friend were involved in the abuse but told The Sun he “felt like I was going to die”, as trouble allegedly flared. Police said at the time there were “a number of differing accounts” of what happened. Lancashire Police has confirmed no further action will be taken against any party. A spokesman said: “After careful consideration of all the circumstances in this case it has been decided that no further action will be taken against anyone. “A thorough investigation has been carried out and everyone identified as having been involved in this incident or having witnessed it have provided accounts to the police. “All these accounts were given voluntarily, it has not been necessary to arrest any person. These accounts have been considered and it has been decided that this is the most appropriate course of action.” Moyes, who has also managed Everton and Preston, was dismissed by Manchester United last April following a mediocre season after he replaced the retiring Sir Alex Ferguson. Press Association Former Manchester United manager David Moyes has been cleared by police after he was investigated over an alleged bar-room bust-up.
In command when coming to grief at the last in the Mares’ Hurdle at Cheltenham, she was sent off the 2-9 favourite to atone and travelled beautifully in front for Ruby Walsh. After being asked to lengthen rounding the home turn, Annie Power made no mistake at the last this time and cruised clear to beat fellow Willie Mullins inmate Analifet. Annie Power returned to her majestic best when easing to victory in the Irish Stallion Farms EBF Mares Champion Hurdle at Punchestown. Mullins may consider running Annie Power again before she departs on a summer break, but he too was delighted to see her back in the winner’s enclosure. He said: “She’s back and we’ll have to decide whether to go to France or put her away. “She was definitely not herself after the fall at Cheltenham and I was concerned after her first few bits of work that she might have pulled something in her neck and was not letting herself go. “However, Ruby pushed her a bit more in a piece of work and she was better, and she’s worked well in her last few bits. “Analifet was fantastic as well as she made a bad mistake at the second-last.” Walsh admitted his relief after Annie Power safely negotiated all the obstacles to get back on the winning trail. He said: “She’s better going left-handed, she’s always jumped out to her left, but she made all and it’s a strong old headwind down the back. “She wasn’t exactly facing it but you couldn’t blame her for that. She jumped well on the whole and I guess once bitten, twice shy. “At the second-last I was thinking ‘happy days, this will keep me honest to the last’, but then I could hear them dropping off and dropping off and I was thinking ‘not again!’.” Annie Power was having just her second start of the campaign and Walsh was pleased to see her back on form. He said: “As she’s got older, she’s lost a little bit of speed, but I wouldn’t mind that. She has a good cruising speed. “She’s had a very interrupted season, she had that little problem in December before the Hatton’s Grace Hurdle, we got her back to Cheltenham where she crashed and fell. “She wasn’t sparkling at Aintree time, but just in the last 10 days she’s really come together and started to work like the mare she is. It’s great to have her back – (it’s a) pity she’s had such a light campaign.” Press Association
Michael Halford reports classy stayer Certerach well on the road to making his comeback this summer. Press Association Last year’s Dubai Gold Cup winner suffered a setback in the winter and was unable to defend his crown at Meydan. However, Halford says the seven-year-old is back in full training and is looking towards the Group Three At The Races Curragh Cup on June 28 as a target. “He’s back in full work now and we’re very happy with him,” said the County Kildare handler. “We’ll probably go for something like the Curragh Cup with him on Irish Derby weekend. “That might be his first run back. I don’t know if he’ll come to hand in time for the Saval Beg (at Leopardstown). “He’s sound as a bell and is in good form.”
Ireland completed a resounding win over Namibia as they bowled out the hosts to win their ICC Intercontinental Cup game by an innings and 107 runs in Windhoek. However, all-rounder Paul Stirling had JJ Smit caught behind by Porterfield before leg-spinner George Dockrell picked off the wickets of Zac Green (35) and Chris Combe (0) to seal a convincing victory. With William Porterfield (186) and Ed Joyce (205) helping Ireland declare on a mammoth total of 570 for six, Namibia needed 319 to make the visitors bat again. But Tim Murtagh ripped through the top order to restrict the hosts to 12 for 4 in their second innings, finishing with match figures of 6 for 62. Although Namibia showed some resistance at the end of day three, they went into the fourth day trailing by an innings and 146 runs with their lower order needing to bat out the final day to have any hope of a draw. Press Association
LONDON, (CMC) – Captain Jason Holder has leapt to the defence of his batting unit, after West Indies slumped to a nine-wicket defeat at Lord’s to concede the three-Test series, 2-1, here Saturday.Resuming the third day on 93 for three, the Windies were dismissed for 177, with only the in-form Shai Hope getting among the runs with 62.At Headingley when West Indies stunned England in the second Test by five wickets, Hope was again the main run-scorer with 147 and 118 not out, while opener Kraigg Brathwaite got 134 and 95.Jermaine Blackwood was the only other Windies batsman in the series to score a half-century but Holder said the batting element of the side continued to be a work in progress.“I think a lot of your batsmen shaped up pretty well but didn’t carry on. We got drawn in, trapped on the crease a lot of times and taken across to off stump and [got out] nicked behind,” the all-rounder explained.“It’s something that happens to lots of people when they come here playing in England and as a first tour for many of us, I think think it is a hell of an achievement and a hell of a fight which we put up.“Hopefully we can learn from this. We have New Zealand at the end of the year which will probably be similar conditions and similar type of bowlers too so it should be a good chance to take what we have learnt here and take into that series.”In the day/night first Test at Edgbaston, West Indies’ batsmen struggled badly, mustering totals of 168 and 137, to lose by an innings and 209 runs inside three days.Headingley proved the high point of the series for the Windies as they tallied 427 and 322 for five but they perished for 123 in the first innings at Lord’s, in a disappointing showing.Holder said despite the ups and downs of the series, the young side had shown definite improvement all-round and would use the experience to further develop.“I think we’ve shown improvement. When we sit down and critique each series we try to look for improvement and we’ve definitely shown improvement especially in our bowling,” he contended.“We’re improving in our consistency there. Our batters are still finding their way, still relatively inexperienced but Shai really showed what he can do. He obviously struggled early on in his Test career and to have a series like he’s had now is remarkable.“Kraigg has really led our batting now for the last couple years and to see guys like Roston Chase in the last series and now Shai in this series putting up their hands [has been great]. It’s just us coming together a little bit more and having a more collective effort when we step out with the bat.”He continued: “We’ve seen a guy like Kieran Powell shape up really well but not carrying on and that’s hampered us a lot. There’s still a lot of room for improvement but hopefully the guys can gain a lot of confidence from this series against a world class side, a top class bowling unit. To be able to achieve something in this series speaks a lot.”Holder also pushed back on suggestions he had made the wrong decision to bat first on Thursday’s opening day at Lord’s.“[There are] no regrets about batting first. We obviously didn’t bat well enough on a day with some quality bowling but at the end of the day’s play it justified what the conditions were like,” he said in reference to the murky conditions that emerged half-hour into the day’s play.“When we flipped the toss outside was pretty sunny and the overhead conditions changed drastically. There are no regrets, that’s just how the game goes sometimes. Hopefully we can learn from it and move on.”
Published on February 1, 2018 at 11:18 pm Syracuse (17-6, 5-5 Atlantic Coast) lost 73-64 to Virginia Tech (15-8, 4-6) on Thursday night. The Orange stretched out on many 3-point chances for VT, leading to easy buckets for the Hokies. In the loss, Tiana Mangakahia broke the single season record for assists in a season with 232. Comments Facebook Twitter Google+