Mexico’s government is considering a $120 million bid for a luxurious presidential jet after an unidentified prospective buyer offered to pay part in cash and part in medical equipment, a government official said on Monday.President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador has made selling the Boeing 787 Dreamliner of his predecessor a cornerstone of his campaign for a more frugal government.Last week he traveled economy class on a commercial airline to a summit with US President Donald Trump. Jorge Mendoza, who heads a state-owned development bank involved in the sale, told a regular news conference the president had instructed him not to offload the jet, and other planes and helicopters on sale, for less than their value.”The offer is in cash and also a part in medical equipment,” Mendoza said, adding that he could not yet give more details or identify the buyer for reasons of confidentiality.Like many nations, Mexico has been scrambling to source medical supplies including oxygen, ventilators and masks during the coronavirus pandemic. Both the United States and China’s governments have helped with equipment.The sale of the jet, acquired by former President Enrique Pena Nieto in 2012 and fitted with marble-lined bathrooms, has proven tough.In January, Lopez Obrador said one potential buyer offered $125 million. But Mexico could not sell it below a United Nations-backed valuation of $130 million, he explained then.It was not immediately clear why Mexico was now considering a lower offer, although the plane may have decreased in value while in storage.The government has separately launched a raffle aimed at raising the value of the plane in return for cash prizes. Topics :
A US pension fund is suing Willis Towers Watson (WTW) and Towers Watson’s former chairman and CEO John Haley for alleged fraud in connection with the $18bn (€16.6bn) merger deal between the Willis Group and Towers Watson in early 2016.The $1.3bn Massachusetts-based Cambridge Retirement System filed a class action in the US District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia in late November, claiming the merger contravenes the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. The action was brought on behalf of all Towers Watson (TW) shareholders eligible to vote on the merger.Haley is now chief executive of WTW. The defendants also include TW, Willis Group, Willis’ former CEO Dominic Casserley, ValueAct Capital Management – Willis’s biggest shareholder at the time of the merger – and ValueAct’s CEO Jeffrey Ubben.On 30 June 2015, the TW consultancy – based in Arlington, Virginia – and brokers Willis, whose headquarters were in London, announced an agreement to merge. The Richmond courthouse for US district court eastern district of VirginiaUnder the merger terms, TW shareholders would receive 2.649 shares of Willis stock and a $4.87 per share cash dividend, in exchange for each TW share. The agreement gave TW shareholders a 49.9% stake in the combined entity, with Willis shareholders owning a majority 50.1%.The merger needed approval by a majority of TW shareholders and, according to the filed complaint, it became “immediately apparent” that many shareholders were dissatisfied with the consideration they would receive in the deal. Recognising the waning shareholder support for the merger, the TW directors authorised their chairman and CEO John Haley to renegotiate the deal terms, including both the exchange ratio and the cash dividend.According to the court papers: “Haley, however, had an economic incentive for the deal to be consummated and when he recognised that TW shareholders would likely reject the deal, Haley conspired with Willis executives and a major Willis shareholder, ValueAct, to secretly help them execute this transaction.”The papers continue: “In particular, Haley decided to sell out TW shareholders in exchange for an undisclosed promise of a three-year, US$165m pay package when Haley became CEO of the merged company. In return, Haley did not negotiate to maximise the value of TW shares in the merger and instead worked to persuade TW’s board and shareholders that a meagre US$5 increase in the special dividend was the most he could extract from Willis.”The complaint maintains this led to “false and misleading representations” being made to investors in the TW and Willis joint proxy materials. It claims the proxy materials also omitted the fact that Haley had negotiated his compensation as the future CEO of the combined entity, and that several statements made by Haley in support of the merger were secretly “ghostwritten” by ValueAct.It concludes: “As a result of these material misrepresentations and omissions, TW shareholders were misled into accepting consideration from the merger that was well below fair value for their TW shares.”The merger between the Willis Group and Towers Watson closed in January 2016.WTW has declined to comment.
Christchurch Press 1 March 2012Christchurch City Council hopes that a bill to give an Auckland council the power to control where prostitutes can work on Auckland streets will be extended to other councils. The council yesterday approved a submission on the Manukau City Council (Regulation of Prostitution in Specified Places) Bill. The submission, which was delayed by the September 4, 2010, earthquake, is due to be presented to Parliament by councillor Sue Wells some time in the next few weeks. The bill aimed to give Auckland Council the power to control where prostitutes could operate if they were not in a brothel.Wells said the submission would provide greater clarity on Christchurch City Council’s position regarding street prostitution and its control over the locations where prostitution could take place. Street prostitution had deliberately been left out of the Prostitution Reform Act 2003, which legalised prostitution, she said. Ironically that has always been the biggest problem.”http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/news/6502595/Bill-may-enable-council-to-curb-street-prostitutionQuake City wants proposed street prostitute law extendedNZ Herald 2 March 2012Christchurch is hoping to piggy-back off a proposed new law for Auckland as it tries to deal with street prostitutes who have been pushed into the suburbs by earthquakes and are clashing with frustrated residents.Since the devastating February 2011 quake, prostitutes have moved from damaged central Christchurch into the residential neighbourhood of St Albans, and residents have complained of noise, litter and intimidation. Melissa Saggers, whose neighbourhood has been “claimed” by prostitutes and their minders since February last year, says it is affecting people’s lives. She has often seen prostitutes sitting on her letterbox and operating from outside her home, and finds used condoms and needles in her garden. Their presence means Miss Saggers no longer has her nephews or nieces staying with her at her home. “The pimps and prostitutes make you feel very unsafe. I don’t even like to leave the front door after dark. They can be quite verbally harassing. They’ve sort of claimed the street as theirs. There’s not respect for those of us who live here. It’s all about them.”http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10789203
Loading… Gravina proposed May as a possible time to restart italy’s top flight, but he insisted it would be best to allow the current campaign to finish much later this year if necessary, rather than declare the season cancelled. “It’s a hypothesis,” Gravina told RAI when asked if a September or October finish had been put forward. “At the moment, a possible date to restart could be May 17, but I want to clarify that this is only a hypothesis. “Finishing the season would be the best way not only so the 2019-20 season is not compromised, but also to avoid compromising the 2020-21 season in any way.” Setti added: “I hope to play again this season. Finishing the campaign would be a way also of giving joy to the population, because the Italian people are so in love with this sport. read also:Juventus eyeing Guardiola to replace Sarri after Verona defeat “I hope that we can get the campaign concluded and be able to close this chapter to slowly get back to normality.” Juventus currently lead the Serie A table by one point from Lazio, with Inter a further eight points back in third position – with a game in hand. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Hellas Verona president, Maurizio Setti, said ‘Italy is in a war-like situation’ as Serie A clubs try to strike a deal with players amid the coronavirus crisis. Promoted ContentCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable Way7 Universities In The World Where Education Costs Too Much7 Universities Where Getting An Education Costs A Hefty PennyBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For ThemWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?8 Things That Will Happen If An Asteroid Hits Earth9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A Tattoo10 Risky Jobs Some Women DoWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?7 Universities In The World With The Highest Market Value8 Addictive And Fun Coffee Facts6 Interesting Ways To Make Money With A Drone The Covid-19 pandemic has brought sport to a standstill – the 2019-20 Serie A season has been suspended since last month, with the most recent match on March 9. There have been more than 69,300 deaths globally, with over 15,880 of those in Italy, a country which has the highest amount of fatalities in the world. Amid negotiations with the Italian Players’ Association (AIC) over player salaries during the league postponement, Setti told Sky Sport Italia: “Our position is very simple. “We are in a war-like situation, so we need to sit around a table with calm, intelligence and openness, finding a solution that satisfies both parties. “What’s happening is immensely damaging for the whole world of football, so I trust there will be no problems finding a deal with my players, who are good people.” Serie A clubs could be allowed to finish the 2019-20 season as late as October, according to Italian Football Federation (FIGC) president Gabriele Gravina.
ILOILO City – A 60-year-old man diedafter hanging himself from a tree in Barangay Tagsing, Santa Barbara, Iloilo. Investigations of the Santa Barbarapolice showed the victim was suffering from an illness./PN Police identified him as RessuructionSolquio, a resident of the said village. Solquio’s body was discovered hangingfrom a tree with a nylon rope tied around his neck around 8 p.m. on Dec. 31, apolice report showed.
Senator Lindsey Graham, a close ally of President Donald Trump, said he was convinced that had it not been for “deception” by China’s ruling Communist Party, the virus would not be in the United States, where it has killed more than 80,000 Americans. WASHINGTON – A prominent U.S. Republican senator proposed legislation on Tuesday that would authorize the U.S. president to impose far-reaching sanctions on China if it fails to give a full account of events leading to the outbreak of the novel coronavirus. Graham said China had refused to allow investigators to study how the outbreak started and added in a statement: “I’m convinced China will never cooperate with a serious investigation unless they are made to do so.” (Reuters)
JEFFERSON COUNTY, Ind. — The Indiana Department of Transportation announced plans for a small structure project scheduled for this spring on US 421 in Jefferson County near Jefferson Proving Ground.INDOT officials say they will be installing a pipe at the drainage structure carrying a tributary of the Indian-Kentucky Creek under US 421 just south of the Grandview Cemetery, around 2.5 miles north of State Road 250.Clearing operations are scheduled to begin in March and installation should be complete by June 30.Motorists may experience brief delays while trucks enter and exit the work site.
Connersville, Ind. — The Indiana State Police are investigating two deaths at the Fayette County Jail Monday.Reports indicate a a 37-yearold Connersville man was arrested by the Fountain City marshal for a probation violation warrant issued by Fayette County.The subject was transferred to a Fayette County deputy at the Wayne-Fayette County line for transportation to the jail. Booking was completed Monday at 11 p.m. and the subject was placed in a holding cell with two other inmates.Around midnight jail staff found all three men in the holding cell, unresponsive. Jail officers immediately began first aid and called for Fayette County EMS. All three were transported to Fayette Regional Health Hospital, where two were pronounced dead.Investigators suspect the incident was caused by an illegal substance that was smuggled into the jail. The third inmate was treated at Fayette Regional Health Hospital and transported to Reid Health in Richmond and is expected to make a full recovery.Names will be released upon notification of next of kin. Toxicology reports will be used to determine the exact cause of death.
RelatedPosts Aguero could be out of action until November, Guardiola says David Silva recovers from COVID-19 Man City top players test positive for coronavirus Man City vs. Port Vale Venue: Kick off: 6:31PMManchester City play host to Port Vale in the FA Cup third round this evening as they look to take the first step to successfully defending the trophy they won in May. Vale make the short trip to the Etihad Stadium sitting in 10th position in the League Two standings, meaning that 76 places separate the clubs in the English pyramid. At the start of the season, winning the FA Cup would have been third on Pep Guardiola’s list of priorities, behind defending the Premier League title and lifting the Champions League for the first time in the club’s history. However, with claiming another top-flight crown becoming increasing unlikely, Guardiola will be more focused on trying to successfully defend the trophy that they won with a 6-0 demolition of Watford at the end of the last campaign. After a hectic Christmas and New Year period and ahead of the first leg of their EFL Cup semi-final with Manchester United, facing one of the lowest-ranked teams left in the competition at the Etihad Stadium is the perfect draw for City. Guardiola will naturally rotate his squad, likely leaving plenty of the players who started the 2-1 win over Everton on New Year’s Day on the sidelines. However, after seeing his minutes restricted through injury and the form of Gabriel Jesus, Sergio Aguero will be looking to take his frustration out on City’s next opponents as he bids to reclaim his place in the team. As for Vale, they make the daunting trip to the Etihad having put together a five-match unbeaten streak since the middle of December. Despite four of those outings ending in draws, avoiding defeat during a busy schedule should provide John Askey’s team with plenty of belief ahead of their visit to one of the biggest clubs in Europe. The Staffordshire outfit have come through two difficult fixtures in order to reach the last 64, with victories being achieved on the road against MK Dons and Cheltenham Town respectively. Building on 10th spot in League Two will be the priority for the rest of the season but for now at least, Askey and his players deserve to enjoy testing themselves in unfamiliar surroundings. Manchester City possible XI: Bravo, Walker, Garcia, Harwood-Bellis, Angelino, Doyle, D. Silva, Sterling, Bernabe, Zinchenko, Aguero. Port Vale possible XI: Brown, Gibbons, Legge, Smith, Montano, Taylor, Joyce, Burgess, Amoo, Bennett, Worrall.Tags: FA CupManchester CityPort Vale
Press Association The Spaniard added: “We have eight or nine games to play and everyone has to be on his toes and ready to play and perform. We will try to stay in the top three and we have the Europa League as well. We want to compete in both competitions.” Asked if it was hard for Terry being captain but only playing every so often, Benitez added: “I think the most important thing is the team. They know the most important thing is the team is winning. I’m really pleased with his performance but at the end of the day the team has to be winning. “We have been playing two games a week for four or five months, so it’s not easy keeping the players focused, concentrated and not tired. We have to keep them ready for every game. Every player wants to play every game, but they have to realise they can’t do that and be 100 per cent in each game.” For Fulham it was a case of what could have been after a bright start fizzled out following Luiz’s wonder strike. “The first 30 minutes I thought our possession game was good,” Cottagers boss Martin Jol said. “We played the four attacking players and had a good go at them. They’re a strong team. If you see the players they brought back into the team – Terry, for example, scored two goals. It is a fantastic team, but it is still disappointing we could not capitalise on the first 30 minutes.” Fulham did try to claw their way back into the match after going two goals down, with Bryan Ruiz seeing a penalty appeal waved away late in the first half. The Whites came closer still after the break when Philippe Senderos saw his header inexplicably blocked at the back post by team-mate Mladen Petric. “That was offside, I saw the linesman on the other side give it,” Jol said of the latter incident. “The frustration was playing well for the first half-hour, creating three or four chances from the first minute when Ruiz could have scored, and then conceding when we didn’t close Luiz down. Their two defenders scored three goals. That tells you all.” Terry’s headers complemented David Luiz’s exquisite long-range opener in a 3-0 win, which moves Chelsea back up to third in the Barclays Premier League. Next up is a trip to interim manager Benitez’s former club Liverpool – a match in which Terry could find himself back on the bench as the Spaniard juggles domestic and European exertions. “He has to be happy, scoring goals,” Benitez said. “Everyone is. It’s good for him and the team. I’m really pleased because it was a good performance. I prefer these problems [of whether to leave him out]. I told the players before it is important that they have to be ready.” Chelsea captain John Terry may have netted twice in the west London derby win at Fulham, but Rafael Benitez has warned that might not be enough for a starting berth at Liverpool this weekend.